List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    Some suggestions for OO
From:       "Claudius_Schnörr" <Claudius.Schnoerr () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-01-31 8:23:07

Hello,

here are some suggestions which might be of general interest (I hope).

I refer to drawing and presentation documents (.sxd and .sxi files):

1) I miss an easy possibility to delete or move page ranges in drawing
or presentation documents.
I find it annoying to move many pages one by one by dragging single page
tabs by mouse.
It would be fine to select many pages quickly and move them
as a block of pages in one step.

2) The same for deleting many pages: an option for deletion of, say,
pages 22-65, would be fine.

3) being able to select many pages and copy and insert them in another
document in one step would also be very powerful.

4) This might be a bug:
When dragging an external image file onto an existing image in a
document, the existing image reference is replaced by the new one. That
works well.
However, if I enter a grouping of objects and then drag an image onto an
existing image in that group, the existing image is replaced, but the
new one now doesn't belong to the group, as I expected it.

5) I would highly appreciate any support of latex-equations in OO, maybe
by including an encapsulated postscript image of a latex equation which
might be generated by calling an externally installed latex-environment.

6) Sometimes OO freezes when cutting and pasting frequently. Unfortunately I
cannot describe the bug in more detail except that I use .sxd and
.sxi-documents at the same time.

By the way, I am a very happy user of OO!

Claudius

--
10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail