List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    We're going to LinuxWorld!
From:       Josh Berkus <agliodbs () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2002-06-06 23:41:04

Folks,

We're going to LinuxWorld!
( http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/ )

We have a booth in the .org pavilion at LinuxWorld Expo 2002, next to the
Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP).  We will be running a joint LTSP/OOo
presence, to demonstrate to everyone (but particularly schools and government
agencies) that Linux+OOo can give people state-of-the art productivity on
ageing equipment.  Cool!

Which means, we need ...

BOOTH VOLUNTEERS!  More than anything, I need people to help me staff the
booth.  Especially as Zaheda needs to hold down the Sun "OpenOffice.org Pod"
on the other end of the floor.  As such, I need people to attend LWE and
volunteer to cover 4-hour shifts at the booth.  You can share in the glory,
the camaradarie, and the sheer uninhibited exhiliration of being part of the
OpenOffice.org team.

But wait, there's more!
-- All volunteers get:  1 or more free Exhibition floor passes to LWE and free
coffee and/or water at our booth.
-- People who volunteer for a whole day get:  free lunch
-- The top two volunteers get:  Exhibitor passes, which entitle you to some
seminars and classes as well as the main floor.
-- One out-of-town volunteer, who commits to 2 days in the booth, gets free
crash space in my apartment.

We'll need help August 13-15.

Please e-mail me directly if you're interested.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Volunteer Project Lead