List:       openoffice-discuss
Subject:    new english dictionary coming and call for technical dictionary
From:       Kevin B. Hendricks <kevin.hendricks () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2001-12-30 15:08:35

Hi,

I have found some minor bugs in the English US dictionary (it thinks
"inchive" and "inchest" are words).  This was actually due to a bug in the
munch program I used to generate the word list.

I have now fixed that bug and created an unmunch program to convert our
dictionaries back to normal wordlists to play with, merge etc.

I will post the new dictionary later this evening on the dictionary
website for those interested.

I would also love to have a good technical dictionary for English with
computer, math, engineering, legal etc terms all grouped together in one
place.

If anyone knows of such a wordlist (GPL, BSD, etc) or would be willing to
volunteer to create one, I think many of us would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kevin