List:       openoffice-announce
Subject:    Upcoming Conferences
From:       Louis_Suárez-Potts <louis () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2003-06-16 3:01:38

All,
As part of a continuing effort to inform the community of events and
conferences important to OpenOffice.org, I'd like to bring people's
attention to two conferences where OpenOffice.org will be present:

** The Fourth Annual GNOME Users And Developers European Conference
(GUADEC; http://www.guadec.org/).  2003-06-16 to 2003-06-18 (with
special sessions 06-14/15).
This conference draws European (and not only European) developers and
open-source luminaries such as Michael Meeks, Miguel de Icaza, Danese
Cooper and many others, who will be presenting papers on a host of
subjects ranging from technical discussions of coding to pragmatic
analyses of open source and enterprises.  It is in Dublin, Ireland,
this year.  If you are nearby, do consider attending.

**Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC 2003;
http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/). San Francisco, USA, 2003-06-23 to
2003-06-27.
Not only will OpenOffice.org be presenting at the conference (details
forthcoming) but OpenOffice.org will have a booth in the exhibit area.
Last year's conference saw the announcement of our first port for Mac
OS X (X11); this year promises to be equally interesting. Of course,
Apple is also rumored to be introducing a slew of new things and a
major update to Mac OS X.

Other conferences are posted on the OpenOffice.org homepage,
http://www.openoffice.org/. And, if you want one listed, no matter
where in the world, contact me.

-
Louis Suárez-Potts