List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] Missing Elasticsearch forwarder config file
From:       "Craig Gallen (opennms)" <cgallen () opennms ! org>
Date:       2018-04-24 20:33:34

Hi David,

By default the org.opennms.plugin.elasticsearch.rest.forwarder.cfg file
doesn't exist. You have to create it using the template given in the
OpenNMS admin documentation. There are settings in the file which will
reduce the number of index fields created but we err on the side of
creating more rather than less indexes because of the variety of
possible use cases for the varbinds.

Craig

On 24-04-18 3:24 PM, Ostock,David J. wrote:
> I've been struggling to get the opennms-es-rest plugin working to forward=
 events from OpenNMS to Elasticsearch.
> =

> After many false starts I'm finally making progress.  Events are getting =
to Elasticsearch, but the index needs a lot of work.  It's currently runnin=
g with the default configuration and I'm seeing tons of irrelevant fields i=
n the index.  Looks like there are discrete fields for every received varbi=
nd.
> =

> I was going to tweak the config file /etc/org.opennms.plugin.elasticsearc=
h.rest.forwarder.cfg but it doesn't exist anywhere on the server.  I'm work=
ing with OpenNMS 21.1.0 on both Windows Server 2012 R2 and CentOS 7.4 and t=
he config file is missing on both.