List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] how to collect MIB of localhost using opennms
From:       Russell Miller <rmiller () duskglow ! com>
Date:       2011-01-07 18:12:54

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 23:07:57 +0100
Md Hedayetul Islam <hedayetul@oxyfi.se> wrote:

> hej Russel,
> As per i now i have discover the host and set the snmp commynity properly
> from admin in opennms GUI .plase can you send step by step for doing that
> then i ill cheque with me.
> note: i have not configured net-snmp on my localhost.Is it necessary to do
> that?

snmpd must be running.  Please check the documentation for instructions
on how to set the SNMP community properly - you might want to also check
the appropriate xml file in your configuration section to make sure that
it's correct there.

I appreciate that you need assistance, but please remember that we have
day jobs and other commitments and help as we can.

--Russell

--
Russell Miller <rmiller@duskglow.com>