List:       openmosix-general
Subject:    [openMosix-general] backbone of a large-file streaming system
From:       Nick I <clusterbuilder () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-08 17:30:36

Hi,

I help maintain a Web site at
www.clusterbuilder.org<http://www.clusterbuilder.org/>.
You might have seen before that I have a section called Ask the Cluster
Expert, where I am building a knowledgebase of cluster and grid information=
.
When someone asks a question I am researching the answer to build this
knowledgebase out. I received the following question:

*"I am looking for a variety of solutions to be a backbone of a large-file
streaming system providing thousands of concurrent download streams.
Preferably commodity hardware and Linux, though I'm open to commercial
solutions."*

I am wondering if anyone here has suggestions of what applications will wor=
best for this type of setup. You can respond to the question at
www.clusterbuilder.org/FAQ
<http://www.clusterbuilder.org/FAQ>or respond in email.

Thanks,
Nick