List:       openmosix-general
Subject:    [openMosix-general] Troubleshooting slow networking
From:       Jon Bohlke <vr4 () neb ! rr ! com>
Date:       2003-07-25 4:27:39

Hi - I have a small cluster (6 machines +/-) connected together with two
hubs.  One of the hubs is 100M and the other is 10M.  Before I go out
and replace the working 10M hub I wanted to check if there was any way
to tune the cluster to let it know that 1 of the 6 nodes is connected to
a much slower network?  Currenty once a process starts to migrate to the
machine connected to the 10M hub it starts a ping-pong effect.  The node
drops off the cluster, the process moves back to the home node, the node
comes back on to the cluster, a process tries to migrate to it, repeat.
I would really like to use this machine (its an eone that only has a 10M
card) along with my wireless network so any help would be greatly
appriciated.

Thanks
Jon

http://www.websnout.com