List:       openjdk-swing-dev
Subject:    Re: <Swing Dev> [9] Review request for 8158411 Regression on Swingmark on 8u102 b03 comparing 8u102
From:       Alexandr Scherbatiy <alexandr.scherbatiy () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-08-31 15:20:15

Windows 8.1 and higher has a feature to make text and other items on the
desktop smaller or larger.
GetDpiForMonitor reads the updated DPI when items size is changed.
GetDeviceCaps(hDC, LOGPIXELSX)  returns "Number of pixels per logical
inch along the screen width. In a system with multiple display monitors,
this value is the same for all monitors" according to the documentation.
This value is not changed when items size is updated.
It can depend on the dpiAware property which is set in the java.manifest
file. It is 96 when dpiAware=false and 192 on my HiDPI display when
dpiAware=true (the case which we use).

Thanks,
Alexandr.