List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR (S) 8201224: Make string buffer size dynamic
From:       Ioi Lam <ioi.lam () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-08-22 15:54:11

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hi Jc,

   79     size_t len;
   80     char * result;
   81     const char * const format = "%s .%s :" JLONG_FORMAT;
   82     char dummy = 0;
   83
   84     pMN = getMethodName(pJvmtiEnv, method);
   85     if ( ! pMN )
   86         return strdup("NONE");
   87
   88     len = snprintf(&dummy, sizeof(dummy), format, pMN->classSig,
pMN->methodName, location) + 1;
   89
   90     if (len <= 0) {

size_t is unsigned, so len will never be less than zero. I think you
should use an int type instead.

Also, I changed the bug title to "Make string buffer size dynamic in
mlvmJvmtiUtils.c". The original name is too generic. Please use this
longer description (feel free to improve it) when you push the change.

The rest of the changes looks good.

Thanks

- Ioi