List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR JDK-8209605: com/sun/jdi/BreakpointWithFullGC.java fails with ZGC
From:       David Holmes <david.holmes () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-08-22 2:29:53

Hi Alex,

On 22/08/2018 5:36 AM, Alex Menkov wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Updated fix:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~amenkov/sh2java/step1_zgc/webrev.01
>
> I used "catch (Throwable)" instead suggested "catch (Error |
> RuntimeException ex)" (we want to catch anything can be thrown)

Interesting that it worked. Throwable is a checked-exception so you
normally can't throw a Throwable unless you declare "throws Throwable".
But it seems our exception processing logic is getting smarter and can
see that the only Throwable's that can be caught are in fact the
unchecked Error and RuntimeException (which is why I suggested them) as
no checked-exceptions are possible from the code that is called.

> Also I updated String.split to use \\R for the line-separators as you
> suggested in review for
> JDK-8209604: [TEST] rewrite com/sun/jdi shell tests to java version - step2

Looks good! Tkanks.

David

> --alex
>
> On 08/20/2018 18:29, David Holmes wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> On 21/08/2018 8:24 AM, Alex Menkov wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> please review a fix for
>>> webrev: