List:       openjdk-serviceability-dev
Subject:    Inspect codebase for method/constructor usages
From:       Pietro Paolini <Pietro.Paolini () alfasystems ! com>
Date:       2018-05-31 9:25:22

Hi all,

I apologise for any of you  who has read the same question on compiler-dev,=
 I've made a mistake as I reckon this is the right place for such a questio=
n, sorry for the double posting.

I would like to detect when a certain class's constructor is used and log i=
ts usage along with filename and line number somewhere, such as a log file =
or standard output, I can't use an IDE to do that as I am working on a fair=
ly large codebase and I need to automate the process, moreover it seems lik=
e an interesting problem to solve.

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/javax/tools/JavaCompiler.html

I was hoping that could help me but I haven't spot anything as yet, even th=
ough I must admit that my knowledge on the matter is limited.

Thanks,
Pietro

Pietro Paolini
Consultant

Alfa
________________________________
e: pietro.paolini@alfasystems.com | w: alfasystems.com<https://www.alfasyst=
ems.com>
t: +44 (0) 20 7920-2643 | Moor Place, 1 Fore Street Avenue, London, EC2Y 9D=
T, GB
________________________________

The contents of this communication are not intended to be binding or consti=
tute any form of offer or acceptance or give rise to any legal obligations =
on behalf of the sender or Alfa. The views or opinions expressed represent =
those of the author and not necessarily those of Alfa. This email and any a=
ttachments are strictly confidential and are intended solely for use by the=
 individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the addressee=
 (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee) you may not =
copy, forward, disclose or use any part of the message or its attachments. =
At present the integrity of email across the internet cannot be guaranteed =
and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk. All liability is=
 excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a result=
 of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to Alfa or its aff=
iliates.

Alfa Financial Software Ltd
Reg. in England No: 0248 2325