List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8328577: Toolbar's overflow button overlaps the items [v2]
From:       eduardsdv <duke () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2024-03-28 19:07:35

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 18:53:00 GMT, eduardsdv <duke@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > This change fixes the calculation of which nodes go to the toolbar and which go \
> > to the overflow menu. It is now determined before the nodes are removed from the \
> > scene graph. This is important because the values returned by \
> > ``Node.prefWidth(..)``/``Node.prefHeight(..)`` may depend on whether the node is \
> > added to the scene graph.
> > Furthermore I corrected the ``hasOveflow`` value passed to the \
> > ``organizeOverflow(double, boolean)`` in ``correctOverflow(double)``.
>
> eduardsdv has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit \
> since the last revision:
> JDK-8328577: Enforce the overflowed nodes are added to the scene even if the \
> overflow menu is not visible

Thanks for finding it. I have reworked my solution.

It is indeed necessary to add the overflow nodes to the scene of the popup and \
reapply the CSS so that the ``prefWidth(..)``/``prefHeight(..)`` return correct \
values, even if the nodes are no longer in the toolbar.

I will try to create a unit test that ensures the bug does not occur again.