List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: JDK-8177635: Optimise CSS lookup resolution
From:       Dean Wookey <wookey.dean () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-01-29 18:26:22

Hi David,

We experimented with some changes last year which we've been running. We
haven't noticed any problems and we do get some good memory and speed
enhancements.. I've been meaning to clean it up before considering a pull
request, but since this is a delicate area, I've procrastinated a bit in
doing that.

Here are the changes
https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/compare/master...DeanWookey:CleanerPseudoClassEnhancements
.

I could look at redoing the changes cleaner if you think we've taken the
right approach, else if not, feel free to incorporate any of the ideas in
there in what you're doing.

Dean