List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: [Rev 02] RFR: 8245053: Keyboard doesn't show when TextInputControl has focus
From:       Michael Paus <mpaus () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2020-05-29 13:10:31

On Fri, 29 May 2020 12:48:29 GMT, Johan Vos <jvos@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Abhinay Agarwal has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional \
> > commit since the last revision:
> > Skin implementation must maintain the contract of dispose
>
> Looks good.
> A test strategy for Android is a good idea for a follow-up issue.

Have you considered the case where a TextField is focused by default when its view is \
shown? As soon as the view is shown the keybord will pop up, even if the user does \
not plan to edit anything. I just experienced this when I exchanged the Label in the \
HelloGluon example against a TextField. A lot of strange things then happen. The \
keyboard pops up, it hides the Gluon nag screen, if you close the keyboard and the \
nag screen you still see these edit markers and all this just because this text field \
was focused by default. To my opinion the keyboard and the edit markers should only \
be shown when the user actually clicks into the text field and thus indicates that he \
really wants to edit something. I also noticed that after the keyboard was shown I \
could not normally close the application anymore. (This was on Android with a Galaxy \
Tab 4)