List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Arabic letters are not displayed correctly in MacOS 10.15.3
From:       Abu Abdullah <falcon.sheep () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-05-29 13:10:10

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 4:47 PM Philip Race <philip.race@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 5/29/20, 5:38 AM, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
> >
> >> CoreText note: Client requested name ".ArabicUIText-Regular", it will
> >> get Times-Roman rather than the intended font. All system UI font
> >> access should be through proper APIs such as
> >> CTFontCreateUIFontForLanguage() or +[NSFont systemFontOfSize:].
> > I can see in the console this message:
> >
> > What JDK are you running? This looks like it is caused by
> > https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8244621 which affects JDKs
> > built with Xcode 11 / MacOSX SDK 10.15.
>
> That message would only appear from the JDK side if you do something to
> execute
> some Java 2D code *and* - as Kevin said have a JDK from somewhere that
> is also using
> that newest Xcode.
>
> But I haven't heard anything from Abu that says his app uses Swing
> Interop for example ...
No im not using swing in this app at all, pure Javafx. but i have
another app that is swing based and it is running just fine in the
latest MacOS 10.15 so i was expecting it from Javafx side not from the
JDK.

yes as you predict. http://jdk.java.net/15/

> BTW I should add that because this message says .ArabicUIText-Regular" I
> am expecting
> that you'll be reporting you are running with Arabic as the preferred
> system language ..

I'm having arabic keyboard as an input as well + the region as you
asked is en_AE which is arabic region. not sure how the OS interpret
this