List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    OpenJFX 13 is in Rampdown Phase Two (RDP2)
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2019-08-06 20:55:55

To: OpenJFX Developers

As a reminder, OpenJFX 13 is now in Rampdown Phase Two RDP2. [1]

During RDP2, all bug fixes (except for docs and test fixes), and all
enhancements will need explicit approval to go in to openjfx/13-dev. The
bar for approving bug fixes is appropriately high at this point. We do
not anticipate approving any more enhancements.

We will use the same rules for RDP2 that the JDK uses [2], with three
modifications:

1. Approval is needed from one of the OpenJFX project leads (not the
OpenJDK project lead)

2. Since we are not part of the JDK, we need to use labels that do not
collide with the JDK 13 release. As an obvious choice, derived from the
JBS fix version, we will use "openjfx13-fix-request",
"openjfx13-fix-yes", "openjfx13-fix-no" and "openjfx13-fix-nmi",
"openjfx13-enhancement-request", "openjfx13-enhancement-yes",
"openjfx13-enhancement-no" and "openjfx13-enhancement-nmi" as
corresponding labels.

3. Some important P3 bugs might be considered during RDP2, as long as
those bugs have otherwise met the usual code review criteria. Having
said that, most P3 bugs should be moved to openjfx14 at this point. I
expect few, if any, P3 bugs to be approved.

Note that if a fix is approved to push to 13-dev (with the appropriate
approval label added by a lead), then you should   *not* also push it to
jfx-dev -- we will auto-sync from 13-dev --> jfx-dev for the duration of
the openjfx13 release.

Now that we are in RDP2, the goal is to stabilize what is there, with
priority on fixing bugs that are new in openjfx13. We need to be
extremely careful about including anything that introduces risk.

Let me know if there are any questions.

-- Kevin

[1]
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2019-March/023180.html