List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    JavaFx12 Armhf 50% cpu usage
From:       Dell Green <Dell.Green () ideaworks ! co ! uk>
Date:       2019-05-17 8:29:52

Hi Guys,

I don't know if anyone has any ideas where to start with troubleshooting this one, \
but currently we have an embedded product running oracle java 8 with javafx. We are \
currently in the process of testing openjdk12+javaFx12. Everything has been running \
fine, however we have just noticed that when idle the cpu usage on the target device \
is 50% when running the hello world Javafx application from Netbeans. In our previous \
device with javaFX8 when idle the cpu usage is 0%.

There is a lot more investigation to be done our end yet to try and narrow the issue \
and profile it to pinpoint the issue, but I was wondering if anyone else was seeing \
this on armhf, or have any ideas would could be the issue?

I can see in the java bugs database that in the past there have been the odd similar \
issue with high constant cpu usage which got resolved in the past, however the \
helloworld app only has a hello world Button with eventhandler on the stage so not \
much going on there, which make we think the problem lies lower down in the \
rendering.

I am getting hardware acceleration according to the prism.verbose output so cpu \
shouldn't be being used for rendering

any thoughts greatly appreciated :)