List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Where should JavaFX get its touch events?
From:       Maurice <info () cuhka ! com>
Date:       2017-06-21 9:19:33

As a follow up to my previous question - how to get touch running in
JavaFX on Ubuntu I would like to know where JavaFX should get its touch
events from. Research seems to indicate that JavaFX standard reads
/dev/input/event0, but even if I link /dev/input/event4 to event0 it
does not notice that there are touch events. I can override the system
properties com.sun.javafx.touch and com.sun.javafx.multiTouch, but even
though the system then reports it does support touch no events are
generated and mouse events are not synthesized.

To test if the system in itself recognizes the touch screen I've run
chromium-browser --touch-events=enabled and visited a touch website.
Multiple touch points were recognized.

Maurice.