List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: [8u60,9] review request: RT-40691: Update the JDK version used to build FX to JDK 8u40
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-05-27 23:45:05

We had considered that, but our build machines were updated with 8u40
and it didn't seem worth it given that there aren't any known bug fixes
in 8u45 that would matter (e.g., in SwingInterop which is the big reason
to switch to 8u40).

I would recommend that developers keep their JDK up to date, so
installing 8u45 now and then 8u51 and then 8u60 when they come out seems
a good idea.

-- Kevin