List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8324807 : Manual printer tests have no Pass/Fail buttons, instructions close set 2 [v2]
From:       Alisen Chung <achung () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2024-01-31 21:56:02

On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 07:02:36 GMT, Renjith Kannath Pariyangad \
<rkannathpari@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Hi Reviewers,
> >
> > Updated manual printer test cases with 'PassFailJFrame', also removed unused \
> > variables. Added 'SkippedException' in case of printer missing or not configured. \
> >  Please review and let me know your suggestions.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Renjith
>
> Renjith Kannath Pariyangad has updated the pull request incrementally with one \
> Capitalized static final variables

test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/Collate2DPrintingTest.java line 53:

> 51:  * @summary Collation should work.
> 52:  * @key printer
> 53:  * @library /java/awt/regtesthelpers

same line on library

test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/DrawStringMethods.java line 70:

> 68:                 .build();
> 69:
> 70:         PrinterJob pjob = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob();

i think this could be moved into a helper function and called by passFailJFrame \
builder via .testui(DrawStringMethods::helperFunction)

test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/InvalidPage.java line 73:

> 71:                     pJob.print();
> 72:                 }
> 73:             } catch (PrinterException pe) {

should this exception just be propagated into main?

test/jdk/java/awt/print/PrinterJob/JobName/PrinterJobName.java line 62:

> 60:                 .build();
> 61:
> 62:         PrinterJob job = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob();

this can be moved into helper function

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17608#discussion_r1473498972
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17608#discussion_r1473511039
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17608#discussion_r1473512904