List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8288428: javax/swing/JInternalFrame/Test6505027.java fails frequently in MacOS 12 machines
From:       Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2022-06-29 7:29:43

On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 14:28:15 GMT, Manukumar V S <mvs@openjdk.org> wrote:

> javax/swing/JInternalFrame/Test6505027.java seems to be unstable in MacOS machines, \
> especially in MacOSX 12 machines and it fails intermittently in CI causing some \
> noise. It seems to be a testbug as adding some stability improvements fix the \
> issue.
> Fix:
> Some stability improvements have been done and the test has been run 10 times per \
> platform in mach5 and got full PASS.

I dont see this test failing in our CI systems "frequently"...last time it failed is \
June8 on a CI system which had some history of config issue, and that too on jdk17 \
binary and not on mainline..before that it fails on June1 due to some infra issue on \
mainline..and before that on June19 2021 on jdk11 binary again due to infra issue..so \
I dont think it's worth tinkering as of now..

also, the test has some quirks as I see. press() method is never called...it uses \
internal SwingTest class to start the test which I am not sure is needed