List:       openjdk-2d-dev
Subject:    Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] sun.java2D.Pisces renderer Performance and Memory enhancements
From:       Laurent_Bourgès <bourges.laurent () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-30 7:38:53

Phil,

As I am currently working hard on improving pisces rendering engine
(performance and quality if possible), I am looking for interesting
algorithms, optimization tricks ... i.e. I need to study different
approaches (subpixel rendering, rasterizer, scanline renderer, coordinate
conversions).

I do not want openjdk to use AGG or cairo libs, but I wanted to know if AGG
was open source to be able (allowed) to look at their code to get new
ideas, tricks ...

I am still looking for volunteers to help me improving pisces code as only
Jim and Andrea participate to this topic and have some interest in
improving pisces.

Could someone explain me who maintains Java2D rendering engine and what is
the roadmap for new implementations (glg2d, jules using cairo ...) ?

Laurent