List:       openbsd-ppc
Subject:    Re: mac minig g4
From:       "Petit d'Homme" <ptidohm () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-12-15 20:55:40

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for this write-up (aun no se me fue por completo el espa=C3=B1ol de
mis a=C3=B1os en Mexico). Quite a good repurposing idea for this nice
hardware.
I was not aware that eDonkey was still active, so I should definately
check it out.

For myself, I use a headless rasperry pi 3 (w/ SSD external disk) with
the qbitorrent-nox package that provides a web interface, and it's
been wonderful so far.
I saw somewhere that the power consumption of the mac mini is about 40
watts, vs. some 5 watts for a raspberry. So I guess I'll stay the
raspi way !

Just a small note : when you say "Lo importante es que NO instalen un
gestor de X" do you mean to avoid installing the X sets ? because I
found it easier not to bother with that even on a headless system,
especially because you still need xbase for many packages to run (and
sysupgrade will get you all the sets back I've heard).

Saludos de un "Franco-Mexicano"
Cheers,

JB

Le sam. 12 d=C3=A9c. 2020 =C3=A0 20:54, Sergio Andr=C3=A9s
<sergio.rondan@protonmail.com> a =C3=A9crit :