List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.1
From:       "Joseph C. Bender" <jcbender () benderhome ! net>
Date:       2003-02-07 19:58:38

At 06:35 PM 02/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:43:19AM -0600, Mike Siers wrote:
>> I have gotten brave and wanted to get the standard audio features
>> working.  I can hear the standard sounds on startup/shutdown but
>> the standard CD player (KsCD) does not work.  I can play ripped
>> music files using Kaboodle and Noatun.  Anyone else having this
>> problem?  Do you need to adjust the permissions on the /dev/cd*
>> devices in order for any user to use these applications?
>
>Not a kde issue. Use mixerctl to get sound out from the cd drive.

Just as an aside issue, is kmix broken, or is there something non-obvious
about getting it working?

I've got nothing showing up in the window, and it doesn't see any mixer
devices.
Signing off,

Joseph C. Bender
benderjc (at) benderhome.net   ;   jcbender (at) benderhome.net
This account is used primarily for reading and responding to mailing list
traffic and is not my main mailing address.