List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.1
From:       Hugo Villeneuve <harpagon () jwales ! EINTR ! net>
Date:       2003-02-07 7:41:41

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:38:19PM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:

> This will definitely be a part of OpenBSD 3.3. Testing is welcome.

I build kde3-base on my sparc and it works fairly well (it is a
February 2 snapshot). Tried most of the application when started
from .xsession and had only konqueror die on me each time the
"file:/" protocol was in use when quiting the application.. Still
have to try kdm and few other.

It is relatively slow on my SS20 150MHz. Highly recommand to remove
display application on move, resize and shrink operation.

Here's an action pic:
http://eintr.net/openbsd/kde3-openbsd-sparc.jpg

Will try to build and test other kde3 packages before moving on the
newest February 6 sparc snapshot. (which hopefully will correct the
netstat segfault problem)

I said it before but the x*.tgz install tar balls available in
current sparc snatpshot are too old to follow current ports. Had
to loose half a day on compiling XF4.

Since I know, it is a long process building all the dependencies
for even just kde3-base, here they are for anybody that trust me
(you should not) and has ipv6. (It's for a limited time and there
is limited bandwidth (16kB/s).):
ftp://ss20.eintr.net/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/sparc

(It all started because I got myself a cg14 and wanted a pretty
browser that wasn't exported from an intel box.)

--
Hugo Villeneuve <hugo@EINTR.net>
http://EINTR.net/