List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Yes Mozilla can run on OpenBSD...
From:       Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan () CS ! WM ! EDU>
Date:       2002-08-29 15:27:00

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:08:02PM +0100, Bob Walker wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Marco Peereboom wrote:
>

> > <rant>
> > I don't want to sound negative but I have a higher rendering success rate
> > with Konq then with Moz.
> > Try using Mozilla on the wells fargo (sun, google etc) site and tell me if
> > you can read the 3 pixel letters.
> > </rant>
> >
>  Isn't that what the minimum font size option/preference  is for. If the
> website puts
> it in an image well thats there problem.

Are we talking about the same browser?  I've just rechecked the Mozilla
on the Linux machine at work and it doesn't have minimum font size in
the preferences (v 0.9.9).  Galeon does.

Of course one can use increase/decrease font size on any of these
browsers.  However, the first poster is right: I'm yet to find the
good browser.

My experience is that Mozilla/Galeon are rendering much faster and if
there is some oddness in the site (X)HTML markup Mozilla/Galeon will
probably render it better than Konqueror.  However, there are sites
where Konqueror does a better job.

What is annoying is that for secure sites one has to remember which
browser works and which not.  There are sites where only Konqueror
works, and sites where only Mozilla/Galeon do.

One _BIG_ advantage of Konqueror for me personally (despite its slower
rendering which I can cope with on the fast machines here) is its
support for international encodings.  Try printing non-Latin1 text from
Mozilla/Galeon. :-)

Also, regarding the topic above, Konqueror's anti-aliased fonts are
_much_ better than Mozilla's pixelized fonts.  I hope Gnome2 will
support them as well so they can be used in Galeon.

--
Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan@cs.wm.edu>
http://www.cs.wm.edu/~zvezdan/