List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Yes Mozilla can run on OpenBSD...
From:       Marc Matteo <marcm () lectroid ! net>
Date:       2002-08-29 6:34:50

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Saad Kadhi wrote:

> What other tweaks have you introduced besides those specified in the initial
> post ?
>
> > Still tweaking though (and I need a faster machine).
> Do not forget to share da new tweaks ;)

I have a patch for the SSL thing, and proper linking in the top level
configure script and in nsprpub.

I was hoping to be able to port a working port tonight but I'm afraid that
ain't gonna happen for two reasons.

1) Is anyone else seeing Mozilla freeze after the first run?  I can get it
to run once and then never again.  No crashes, no errors no nothing.
Sometimes it just goes away and other times it just comes back to a
prompt.  This makes it very hard to test :).

2) Mozilla is really finicky about it's installation paths.  After a
'make' it "installs" everything under ${WRKSRC}/dist and apparently you
can't go randomly installing those files elsewhere around your filesystem.
Anyone have a decent install script for this monster?

Oh and I was possibly mistaken about the bit I mentioned about Galeon.
There *are* embedded libs in existence when you compile Mozilla
statically... they're just (obviously) static.  I don't know if
Gal<SkipStone>eon will accept that... but they are there.

 Marc