List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Yes Mozilla can run on OpenBSD...
From:       Marc Matteo <marcm () lectroid ! net>
Date:       2002-08-29 0:09:54

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 17:50, Bob Walker wrote:

> Sorry it crashes when you submit any form it seems.
> the actual error it gives is
>
> bob@randomness:~ >mozilla
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_GetHighResClock" called from
> mozilla-bin:/usr/local/lib/mozilla-1.1/libsoftokn3.so.1.0 at 0x41fc9ce0

Yes, I *just* discovered that too.  libsoftokn3 is part of the crypto
package.  You get the error when you try to hit an SSL page too.

Now matter, this I can work with... but first I have to figure out why I
can't restart Mozilla now that I've crashed it.

I have found a few interesting things, however:

1) Static works, shared doesn't.  The top configure script has a lot of
OpenBSD linking assumptions that are wrong.  I've fixed several but
continue to find more...

2) Even though you build it static, the get separate NSPR and NSS libs.
I personally like this because apps that use them, can well, now use
them :).

3) Static does NOT get you the separate embedded stuff tho so no Galeon
:(.

Marc