List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: Yes Mozilla can run on OpenBSD...
From:       josh <dorqus () bsdfreek ! com>
Date:       2002-08-28 20:59:48

schubert wrote...
> But statically :-(
> ... but yes it does work. :-)
> Mozilla 1.1, to which the source can be had at:
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.1/src/
> and compiled with (you MUST have...) the following configure script
> switches:
> --disable-shared --enable-static
> I'd also suggest at least:
> --disable-debug --enable-crypto and possibly --enable-strip (shaves ~6MB
> off mozilla-bin)

Thanks for the research, I'm attempting to build it now,  using
--disable-shared --enable-static --disable-debug --enable-crypto --enable-strip

This is great news, I was just talking online the other night with a friend
that not having a better browser (other than Netscape) for OpenBSD kind of
sucked, now it looks like there is an option!
Thanks again...

--
josh
	There are 10 types of people.  Those that understand binary,