List:       openbsd-ports
Subject:    Re: python 2.2
From:       Marc Espie <espie () schutzenberger ! liafa ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2002-01-04 9:29:23

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 07:34:02PM -0500, Matt Behrens wrote:
> I need to know if there are issues with any of the ports out there
> and python 2.2.  I'm also interested in any feedback on the port,
> and one idea I was toying with: making the modules that depend on
> other ports (i.e. mpz and Tkinter) subpackages instead of flavors,
> since it's really only the modules that have the dependency, not
> the rest of python.

Well, you should AT LEAST grab all the ports that depend on python and
try to compile them out.

This is what's generally needed. A maintainer must verify that his upgrades
efforts don't break anything, at least compilation-wise.

If it does break something, then he can contact and work with maintainers
of downstream software.