List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: weird cause of timeouts for apache
From:       David Vincelli <leao () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2001-01-31 23:52:07

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 12:08:20PM -0500, Dan Weeks wrote:
> Is this machine running behind a firewall?  If so I am still looking at a
> way to configure the firewall and then you don't have to change the MTU on
> internal hosts, but if it is on its own then just set the gateway to always
> add the '-mtu 1454' via the /etc/mygate file.

	No, this is my firewall.  The machines behind my firewall are fine.
I set the MTU for them already.  So far, I've only noticed this happening
when trying to access my web pages from the internet.  The only other
application I've tested is ssh and it works like a charm.  I would've
figured that ppp would set it up automatically (I do have an entry
in my ppp.conf).

thanks,