List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Installation problem
From:       David Aquilina <dwaquilina () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-08 3:18:38

Greetings all,

I'm attempting to install OpenBSD 3.5 (via CDs purchased from OpenBSD)
on an AMD64 system - one of Sun's opteron workstations, to be precise.
It appears that the kernel boots just fine, however when it reaches
the point where the installation process normally starts, it just sits
there doing nothing. I'm trying to use the AMD64 version of OpenBSD, I
haven't tried the x86 version yet.

I didn't see any errors, but I can hand-copy the last few lines of
output if someone is interested in looking at it.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? if so, how have you worked around it?

Thanks.

-David