List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Installation problem
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-09 17:10:46

On Thursday 09 September 2004 19:06, Michael McBride wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile Koffice from CVS on a gentoo
> box. Configure, Make and make install complete without
> error but when I try to start an application I get the
> following error:
>
> mmcbride@localhost ~ $ kword
> koffice (lib kofficecore): kwordpart.desktop found.
> koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING:
> KoDocumentEntry::query ([X-KDE-NativeMimeType] ==
> 'application/x-kword') and  exist Library got 2
> offers!

Let's go for the usual questions:
Where's KDE installed?
Where's KOffice installed?
How many installations of KOffice do you have?
What's the value of $KDEDIRS?
What does "kde-config --path services" say?

> koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING:
> /usr/lib/kde3/libkwordpart.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

Well that's a very good hint as to what the problem is, already....
you have a libkwordpart.la in that directory pointing to the non-existing libkwordpart.so ??