List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: MicroBSD has Shut Down
From:       "Victor E. Arroyo" <v.arroyo () ntta ! com>
Date:       2003-02-21 21:47:33

First let me start off by saying that I think the OpenBSD project is a great one for \
all the work and contributions it has done. I was first put on to OpenBSD in about \
2000 and have played and used it since. Also using other Distros (BSDI, FreeBSD, \
NetBSD) but I still seem to come back to OpenBSD. I see this tread is becoming \
KILLER.. ;) and don't think that a lot of people may really understand what's going \
on.. Hell I might not understand what's going on.

But from My assumption (and its only an assumption) is that some (Not all) of the \
MicroBSD project was based on or a direct copy from the OpenBSD project. Hell someone \
even put up a man page to reference. (which I haven't been able to) but if it comes \
down to that Theo found 18 (don't remember the number) different infringements. Which \
could very well mean that there were a lot more there that might of been caught \
before someone else did..

What Theo et al. Did to support their own code and project is pretty respectable in \
my eyes. The fact that they both didn't show the private emails between each other is \
also very respectable.

Outback Dingo made a good point to try to rectify this on his own by taking both the \
Site and Code down as much he could (not counting the remote ftp sites). Made both a \
public apology here and on the website. And came up to his OWN conclusion to close \
the project down. I don't know I maybe retarded in thinking that a man (and I am \
assuming he is a man) would be able to make up his own mind on such matters. Not \
needing someone else to defend him or fight his battles.

Both projects said their Peace and I'm sure is Outback wanted to start the MicroBSD \
project again he sure would. This BS that came up for the past 2 days is not the only \
reason he is killing the project I'm sure.. It maybe the final straw in calling it. \
But he himself said that they were short on the development..

Oh wait here's and Idea.. Instead of putting down the OBSD project why don't all you \
whining about us closing him down.. Go and develop MicroBSD.. Since OBSD Is "SUCH A \
BAD PROJECT"

That being said. And I know I jumped around a lot =)

Keep up the good work OpenBSD..

Vic