List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Security ad Reliability advisories
From:       Saad Kadhi <bsdguy () docisland ! org>
Date:       2002-08-28 20:11:03

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 02:44:42PM -0500, Gerardo Santana Gomez Garrido wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 12:09:19PM -0700, Ben Goren wrote:
> > On Wed,  Aug 28, 2002  at 01:21:18PM -0500, Gerardo  Santana Gomez
> > Garrido wrote:
> >
> > > Did you  receive all  the advisories  for OpenBSD  3.1?? I don't
> > > think so.  There are currently 14 advisories for OpenBSD 3.1 and
> > > most of them are missed.
> >
> > Ah, here  we have something we  can work with. You want  to see an
> > errata@openbsd.org list that  tells you of each  change to -STABLE
> > worthy of being described on /errata.html.
I was about to hack a perl script that will parse errata.html and compare it to
a previous rev. if changes are detected it will email etc. and maybe even
download patches/ initiate a cvs up -rOPENBSD...etc.

Is anybody aware of such work so to avoid reinventing the wheel and avoiding to
spill my (bad) code ?

> Extracted from mail.html:
>
> "security-announce
> Security announcements. This low volume list receives OpenBSD security
> advisories and pointers to security patches as they become available."
>
> I don't think another list is required, just give security-announce its
> appropriate use.
yes. the last I discussed with some of the developers, word was that
security-announce was not handled properly (as you may have noticed). They were
conscious of the problem and they'll probably do something about it.

--
Saad Kadhi
[pgp keyid: 35592A6D http://pgp.mit.edu]