List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Creating update tarballs
From:       "Joseph C. Bender" <benderjc () benderhome ! net>
Date:       2002-08-22 15:40:17

At 11:10 AM 8/22/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I've got no issues about recompiling everything on the fast machine,
>I don't know how this thread went off in that direction.
>
>What I'm trying to find out is, having just rebuilt everything on
>the fast machine do I have to do "cd /usr/src/etc && nice make release"
>or can I just point DESTDIR at / and run maketars?

	You don't want to do that.  You need all the files to be default-clean.
Otherwise, you'd get all the config files from your existing system.

Signing off,

Joseph C. Bender
benderjc (at) benderhome.net   ;   jcbender (at) benderhome.net
This account is used primarily for reading and responding to mailing list
traffic and is not my main mailing address.