List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: us robotics 2410
From:       "Giacomo Marconi" <giacomone () inwind ! it>
Date:       2002-08-22 1:26:44

---- Original Message -----
From: "Giacomo Marconi" <giacomone@inwind.it>
To: "Openbsd" <misc@openbsd.org>
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 10:00 AM
Subject: us robotics 2410

> Hi all
> This card doesn't work with dsumbler (I heard about problems of this card
> go in monitor mode), is a driver problem ?
> I say this cause when I try to use it in Ad Hoc mode I receive a lot of
> error from the kernel.
> (I think that the same problem exist under windows)
> If I configure the card to work as station I have no problems.
> I've tried openbsd 3.0 with bsd-airtools 0.2 (compiled version) and
openbsd
> current with the ported version of airtools.

hi all

I've upgraded the firmware to 1.4.9 and many problems are gone away.
Now I've a little bit problem: when I use bsd-airtools (with
openbsd-3.1current) I find nets, but the Q/P/N signals are ever 0/0/0, I
receive "normal" signals only when I go very near the Access Point (few
meters), when instead I reach to find nets also from 10 km of distance from
their APs (with 24db grid antenna from the hill over the city).
Anyone who use this card with openbsd ?

ciao

Giacomo