List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    building binary packages
From:       "Christian J Hedemark" <chris () yonderway ! com>
Date:       2001-12-31 16:21:42

I have already checked the packages manpage and it didn't have what I was
looking for.  It seemed to talk more about installing packages, but not
about building them.

I have been in touch with a software company and have suggested that they
should offer binaries for OpenBSD/x86.  They have taken this request
seriously and will try it if I provide shell access to one of my hosts.  I'd
like to help them out a bit more by doing some homework on how to build
packages on OpenBSD.  Is there another place I should be looking for this
documentation?

I'm also going to try to get them to build OpenBSD m68k and ppc packages
while they are at it, just because I've got the hosts to throw at this.

Any pointers from package maintainers would be appreciated.  Thank you.