List:       openbsd-arm
Subject:    ARM NEON extended instruction support
From:       "Al Beard" <beardal () unixservice ! com ! au>
Date:       2019-06-11 7:25:54

Hi all,

My project: Low BitRate Digital Voice codec and modem for HF
communications, thus need an SBC to run it upon.
See: FreeDV, Codec2 mode 2020 using LPCNet

And note in the LPCNet code, requires ARMv8 and NEON

Q1/ Does the ARM OpenBSD (arm64) ARMv8 kernel allow the NEON
extended instructions?

Q2/ Does the C compiler have the optimisation tools to make
use of the NEON extended instructions?

My hardware: PINE64 RockPro64

Q3/ Is there an SD card image available for my first time run up
of OpenBSD?

Note: I have no other BSD box, only Linux and Windows 7.