List:       omd-devel
Subject:    [omd-devel] Interactive conflict resultion in omd cp/mv
From:       mk () mathias-kettner ! de (Mathias Kettner)
Date:       2011-05-08 11:36:49

Dear developers,

I've just implemented a better handling of merge conflict during
omd mv/cp. If the user has changed configuration files are places
where site names appear, conflicts arise.

There is now an interactive dialog, where the use can resolve
such conflicts - similar to omd update.

One option is new: "brute". It does a brute-force replace of
/old/ with /new/ (with the slashes). The should at least fix
path names. Replacing all occurrances of old seems to be
too dangerous.

You some of you test this a bit? I'd very much like to have it
in the new release - since the old implementation does no
resultion at all - just lets the error message of patch
through to the user...

Greetings,

Mathias

--
Mathias Kettner       |  \/  | |/ /   M A T H I A S   K E T T N E R