List:       nyphp-joomla
Subject:    [joomla] December Joomla NYC Meeting Reminder and Program Update
From:       Stephen Britton <sbritton () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-08 4:07:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Gang,

One last reminder about tonight's December Joomla meeting. As always, we
are going to meet at 6:30 PM at our usual place in Lincoln Center, 146 West
65th Street. (For detailed directions see www.joomlanyc.org )

 And because there are now only two presenters rather than the original
three, each presenter will have more time.

Laura Gordon now will present Mosets Tree, an excellent directory extension
that works with Joomla 1.7. If you ever need to display thousands of items
from a database, this is the tool.

I will present the K2 Joomla component, which brings CCK (Content
Construction Kit) to Joomla. This extension brings many of the content
presentation features found in WordPress and Drupal to Joomla. If we have
time, I'll show you how to build a blog using K2, complete with features
like comments, etc.

A great way to finish 2011.

Hope to see everyone on Thursday night.

- - - Steve

--
Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw