List:       ntp-hackers
Subject:    [ntp:hackers] LIBOBJS and ANSI2KNR fix?
From:       Harlan Stenn <stenn () whimsy ! udel ! edu>
Date:       2002-03-24 22:12:30

(sent to autoconf@gnu.org)

I've had to use the following just before AC_CONFIG_whatever:

 # This is necessary so that .o files in LIBOBJS are also built via
 # the ANSI2KNR-filtering rules.
 LIBOBJS=`echo $LIBOBJS|sed 's/\.o /\$U.o /g;s/\.o$/\$U.o/'`

Under autoconf-2.53, the direct assignment to LIBOBJS is now a hard error.

So I guess I have some questions:

- - Do I still need to worry about this problem with LIBOBJS and ANSI2KNR?

- - If not, at what point was this problem fixed?

------- End of Forwarded Message