List:       ntop
Subject:    Re: [Ntop] stop half way after issue ntop -w 3030
From:       Michael Weidel <m.weidel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-11-29 7:42:56

Hi Sim,

> Hi...   I had problem using ntop in Red Hat Linux.  Below the command input
> and output.  Could you please tell me what is wrong.  The http://lemon:3030
> does show for a while, then it went page not found.
>
> [root@lemon ntop]# ntop -w 3030
>
> ntop v.1.3.1 MT [i686-pc-linux] listening on [eth0].
> Copyright 1998-2000 by Luca Deri <deri@ntop.org>
> Get the freshest ntop from http://www.ntop.org/
>
> Initialising...
> WARNING: Unable to find the plugins/ directory.
> Waiting for HTTP connections on port 3030...
> Sniffying...
> Segmentation fault
>
> [root@lemon ntop]#

You use ntop version1.3.1 which wasn't very stable. Please download and
compile the current snapshot from
http://snapshot.ntop.org/tgz/ntop-current.tgz and try it again. I bet
the error then disappears.

By the way: Luca reads the mails in this mailinglist, you don't have to
also mail him directly.

CU,

Michael
--
Michael Weidel, University of Ulm, Computing Center
EMAIL:         m.weidel@gmx.de