List:       nssldap
Subject:    [nssldap] nss_ldap.so installation
From:       "Klarich, Terry" <Terry.Klarich () wiltel ! com>
Date:       2003-08-20 16:36:59

Hello all:

I have recently been tasked with the installation and maintanence of our iplanet 4.16 \
server and our open ldap client installations on solaris 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8 machines.

We are having a problem where the /var/adm/utmpx file gets corrupted with something \
that looks like some error messages from the threads libraries.  Here is what a bad \
/var/adm/utmpx  file looks like:

                                                          system boot     0      \
                BOOT_TIME
                                                          run-level 3     0        \
                RUN_LVL
                             rc2   s2                                   264   \
                DEAD_PROCESS
                             rc3   s3                                   625   \
                DEAD_PROCESS
                           LOGIN   dt                         console   836   \
                DEAD_PROCESS
                             sac   sc                                   934   \
                INIT_PROCESS
                            root   co                         console   976   \
                USER_PROCESS
                                                                          0          \
                EMPTY
                           zsmon PM10                                   938  \
                LOGIN_PROCESS
libc: warning: libc/libthread interface mismatch: unknown tag value ignored
libc: warning: libc/libthread interface mismatch: unknown tag value ignored
libc: warning: libc/libthread interface mismatch: unknown tag value ignored
bhoffmanterface mismatch: unknown tag value ignored
libc: warning: libc/libthread interface mismatch: unknown tag value ignored
libc: warning: libc/libthread interface mismatch: unknown tag value ignored
bhoffmanace mismatch: unknown tag value ignored
libc: warning: libc/libthread interface mismatch: unknown tag value ignored
libc: warning: libc/libthread interface mismatch: unknown tag value ignored
bhoffman1768386159      bad_value
                                                                          0          \
EMPTY

This one is kicking my butt.  It appears to happen during reboot or just after.  \
Maybe the first login?  If I remove ldap, this doesn't happen.

Also, what are these files?  They are not part of the os.  Are they needed on 26, 27 \
and 28?

/usr/lib/libldap50.so
/usr/lib/libnspr4.so
/usr/lib/libnss3.so