List:       nssldap
Subject:    Re: [nssldap] Fault-tolerant LDAP authentication?
From:       "Van Emery (Mei Feng)" <emeryvl () iis ! sinica ! edu ! tw>
Date:       2003-08-20 1:48:00

Gabor,

Thank you very much for your reply.  It worked!

I had to adjust the timers, otherwise there is a big login delay when
the primary LDAP server is down.  Here are the relevant config
statements in /etc/ldap.conf that allow for fault-tolerance:

##########

host das-m.sinica.edu.tw das-s.sinica.edu.tw

timelimit 10

bind_timelimit 7

##########

My /etc/openldap/ldap.conf file has the following config statement for
fault-tolerance:

##########

URI ldap://das-m.sinica.edu.tw:389 ldap://das-s.sinica.edu.tw:389

##########

It would be nice if this feature were documented for PADL's ldap.conf
file, since it is very important for failover.

BTW, I am building the authentication server on Redhat 9, and here are
the RPM versions I am using:

openldap-2.0.27-8
nss_ldap-202-5
openldap-clients-2.0.27-8