List:       nsbasic-palm
Subject:    [nsbasic-palm] Re: List scrolling question...
From:       "ducky001_98" <ducky () cfl ! rr ! com>
Date:       2002-07-28 13:01:34

Thanks for the input Stan. What I ended up doing was pad each .add
string with spaces and it alleviates the problem. I also resized the
list horizontally to 160 so it fits the entire width of the screen
and now the scroll arrows seem to work. The width doesn't really
matter with this particular project. I have seen what you mentioned
regarding the vertical size a while ago.

--- In nsbasic-palm@y..., "stan45039" <slogan@f...> wrote:

> No one else mentioned this it seems, but I saw something that could
match what yo're describing when I had graphically resized a list
larger (vertically) in NSB, but without increasing the number of
visible items in the list. I had about 1/2 line extra, and I would
get left over garbage there after scrolling. This can be avoided by
making your list smaller in NSB, then setting the number of items in
the list to the number you desire. NSB will then automatically size
the list vertically for you, and it will work fine.

> This doesn't seem like your problem exactly, but it's something to
check...

> Stan
>

> --- In nsbasic-palm@y..., "ducky001_98" <ducky@c...> wrote:
> > I have a question regarding the behavior of List objects...
> >
> > I have figured out basic usage of them, but whenever I scroll
forward
> > or backward through the list I see artifacts of items (if the
string
> > was longer than the current string) behind the current list. Do I
> > have to clear before each scroll? Or perhaps pad the shorter
strings
> > with spaces to mask out the old display? Also, the arrows on the
side
> > of the list don't work although the physical up/down buttons on
the
> > Visor will scroll the list...anyone ever seen this behavior?
> >
> > Thanks for any advice...John

Community email addresses:
 Post message: nsbasic-palm@yahoogroups.com
 Subscribe:  nsbasic-palm-subscribe@yahoogroups.com