List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss] Multiple OS Rolls
From:       Tiago_Sá <tiagosa () di ! uminho ! pt>
Date:       2010-06-30 9:41:22

Hello all,
I am thinking about upgrading my cluster from Rocks4.3 to 5.3.
I have been developing a new roll with a few appliances on a different FE.
Now I would like to apply that new roll on my old cluster compute nodes, without \
having to upgrade the FE to Rocks5.3 too.

So, my question is: Can I keep my Rocks4.3 FE and start kickstarting Compute nodes \
with Rocks5.3 and my new Roll? How can I run Scientific Linux 4.8 on the FE and \
kickstart Scientific Linux 5.4 on the compute nodes?

Do I have to apply the CrossKickstart mechanism? Is there a less complex way?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Tiago