List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss]httpd not starting
From:       "Mason J. Katz" <mjk () sdsc ! edu>
Date:       2004-09-30 14:05:33

There are several old threads on how to change name/domain of your
frontend.  You have two choices:

- Reinstall with new ip information.  I know it sounds horrible but
it's the quickest method.

or

- Edit the configuration of several UNIX files and the cluster database.

The first is highly recommended, since it was always work.  But, if you
are inclined to do things the hard way look in the app_globals,
networks, and routes tables in the database and change all the relevant
entries.  You can then do a "insert-ethers --update" to fix all the
UNIX configuration files rocks controls.  But, then you will need to
track down all the uncontrolled files, for a hint you can do a:

	# cd /home/install
	# ./kickstart.cgi --client frontend-0 (or whatever it is called)

The resulting kickstart file will show you all the places Rocks
configures linux with IP information, although this isn't really
everything the RedHat does some things on its own.  I think by now you
are seeing that this really is a hard problem, hence no real solution
other than starting over.  This isn't a Rocks issues, it's a UNIX
issue.  IP configuration information is spread around over so many
configuration files, that this is extremely hard to get everything.

	-mjk