List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss]rocks / blade server solution / IBM-XCAT
From:       IVANYI Ivan <ivan.ivanyi () isb-sib ! ch>
Date:       2003-11-24 15:24:56

Hi,

I only now saw this post...

Just wanted to say that we've been running rocks 2.3.2 on a bladecenter with an
IBM x345 as front-end without any problem...

I had some initial setup problems that were quickly dealt with on the list.
And a bug with the x345 Raid Controller driver...

as far as the blades themselves go I've had no problems

Ali Seyed wrote:
> Has Rocks been tested on blade solutions? There was a prior posting
> regarding issues to get it to run with IBM BladeServer rack.
>
> My dept. is currently considering quotes with major vendor for that and
> other blade solutions. Considering the RHEL/Fedora split, and my
> confidence in the Rocks Team regarding SRPM rebuilt of EL, has a vendor
> thrown a bladeserver (HP?) your way lately to test (drivers,etc.)?
>
> While on the topic, anyone heard of combining XCAT + Rocks? XCAT being
> the open-source cluster toolkit offered with IBM clusters that offers
> many useful command-line tools for admining the cluster systems, but
> without the automation of building/scaling clusters like Rocks (and no
> ganglia pre-configed).
>
> Considering the current climate with Redhat and a HPC on the horizon for
> us, I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about the Blade technology
> space.
>
> Re,
> Patrice

******* Please note the change in telephone numbers ********